- Book Now
Monthly Archives: May 2010
Click on the title of the blog post to view the entire entry.
05.25.10 – 8:46 pm
05.11.10 – 12:13 pm
Farewell to Nova Scotia, you sea-bound coast
Let your mountains dark and dreary be
For when I am far away on the briny ocean tossed
Will you ever heave a sigh and a wish for me?
I’ve been a desert dweller for almost eleven years now. And although I’ve come to appreciate and respect the desert and her rugged yet delicate beauty, my heart and soul will always belong to the sea. My roots go deep there, and it’s the memories of my summer trips home that sustain me over the long, hot, dry months in Arizona. It’s Nova Scotia that has my heart; it always has and always will.
There is something about creating art in a place this is so much a part of me– the images from home have more of me in them than any of my other work. And so I am thrilled to offer my second year of Nova Scotia Portrait Sessions . I plan to expand this segment of my business into an annual event that will allow me to spend even more of my summers in the rustic country house along a windy country road on The Bay of Fundy.
At home, where I belong.
Nova Scotia Photography | Custom Portrait Sessions | Summer 2010
- For you city lovers – we’ll have some high style sessions in down town Halifax, taking advantage of the amazing architecture and lots of hidden spots for great urban portraits. Break out your fabulous wardrobe and those rockin’ heels – and we’ll create your very own model moment.
- If country livin’ is more up your alley, join me in Cheverie. We’ll explore weathered barns, rocky shorelines and fields full of covers and wild strawberries. Dress down for a causal shot, or break out the bling for a cool juxtaposition of modern meets rustic style.
- Upgrades (including our fabulous Modern Art Session Albums) and special Nova Scotia Session pricing available. Complete details will be sent upon booking.
- Don’t forget our referral program – refer a friend and you will receive one additional free full resolution digital file ($150 value) with each booked session.
- Sessions must be paid in full at time of booking. Pre-paid upgrade collections will also receive additional discounts.
Please visit The Jeanette LeBlanc Photography Facebook page for more details and to RSVP. Become a fan before you book and earn a special bonus after your session! If you are interested in booking a session or want more details – just fill out my contact form and I’ll be in touch!
05.05.10 – 3:37 pm
Yes kittens, I’ve been MIA again. I know, I know – it’s not exactly a surprise. Despite all my good intentions and my frequent promises, it seems I am an inherently bad blogger. I think I’ve had “Blog. Just Blog, Dammit!” on my to-do list every day for the last several months…and if you look at my posting record you’ll know just how well that is going for me.
So where have I been? Living in crazy-busy land – that’s where, and somehow this blog seems to be the first thing to slide. It’s been go-go-go for months now, culminating in four weddings+one charity brunch+ a one year old session in downtown Phoenix in an eight day span last week. Whew. Who knew wedding photography was an endurance sport?!
I’m starting to realize that it’s not going to slow down any time soon. I’m also admitting that I’m unlikely to get caught up in the foreseeable future (do you know I have weddings from last year that have not been blogged? Last year, people!). So, instead of waiting till I invent a time expansion machine that miraculously converts each day to 48 hours while simultaneously maintaining my sleep needs at a solid eight hours (how you like that run on sentence?) I figured I’d better take the opportunity and splash up a few random images while I have the chance.
Here’s just a slice of my life over the last few months – weddings, weddings, weddings (both my own and second shooting for the amazing Justine Miller and Keri Doolittle at amazing Phoenix wedding venues like Sassi, Firesky, Wigwam as well as Oasis Ranch in Tucson), miles upon miles of location scouting, gorgeous seniors, three beautiful girls under the age of three (with tutus! and ice cream!), glorious glowing mama’s-to-be, edgy urban fashion shoots in downtown Phoenix, crazy-cool families, spunky-silly- up-for-(almost)-anything engaged couples, fiesty photographers/branding gurus, off camera flash on the roof of the Orpheum Penthouse and the most knock your socks off beautiful mother-daughter combo I’ve ever laid eyes on. And of course, just enough downtown, urban, grungy, junkyard shots to keep me happy.